Have you ever recieved a package in the mail and almost wished you had never ordered the item due to the amount of plastic and paper energy wasted on its packaging?At Sonder Adornment, we are passionate about our packaging process.
It is so important to us that our packaging not only ensures your jewelry gets to you safely, and provides you with a luxurious unwrapping experience, but that it is Mother Earth approved, friendly to all who touch it, and is a nature loving gift that keeps in giving.
- Your adornment will arrive packaged in a certified BPI (Biodegradable Products Institute) compostable kraft paper package.
- Your adornment will be protected in an elegant but sturdy, recycled pulp, clamshell jewelry box.
This box is 100% compostable, but we hope you are able to reuse it!
You are always welcome to send shipping materials back to us at: PO Box 343, Blaine, WA 98231 and we will reuse, recycle or compost them gently for you.
- We wrap your clamshell jewelry box in a reclaimed, Fair Trade, 100% silk ribbon, hand-crafted from sari silk. Silk is biodegradable, recyclable, and compostable. You can use it for art, as a hair tie, regift it, or offer it to the earth holding you.
- Inside of your jewelry box, we protect your art with a layer of 100% GOTS certified organic, undyed lambswool, ethically sourced from non-mulsed flocks. Your local birds will love this offering for their nests if you do not wish to reuse the wool in felted projects or as padding.
We source this from a local Pacific Northwest family producer.
It has passed certification for both toy making and health care. This wool is cruelty free, biodegradable and ethically sourced.
- Our business cards/adornment card holders, embossed branded stickers and bellybands for our boxes are handmade, seeded, and 100% crafted with love and artistry from office paper scraps.
We double the function of our adornment cards and business cards to stay conscious of the pressure that paper production puts on Mother Earth.
Please plant all packaging paper products for a spring/summer floral assortment of Snapdragon, Ageratum, and Brachyscome!
- We wrap your adornment in a final piece of compostable, recycled tissue paper and jacquard paper net to keep it secure during its journey to you.
Mother Earth loves our packaging and we hope you do to.
Its an honor to us to not only provide you with beautiful, non-toxic jewelry, but to deliver it to you in a way that keeps you and the earth around you feeling safe, loved and nurtured.
Please contact us if you have any questions, comments or feedback on how we keep our packaging thoughtful and sustainable.